Oblong, established in 1996, is a community development organisation that provides advice, support and facilities for local people who want to make a difference through volunteering and community projects. Oblong manages Woodhouse Commuity Centre.
Our aim is to provide:
• Volunteer opportunities – for graphic design, reception/admin or working with local community projects to meet their needs.
• Resources – meeting rooms, IT suite, art space and office space for hire.
• Healthy living activities – these include mental well-being sessions, yoga, gardening.
• English lessons for speakers of other languages.
• Training, advice and support – to individuals and small groups of people who want to establish locally based not-for-profit community activities.
Abigail Housing are a West-Yorkshire based charitable company dedicated to providing support and homes to refugees and asylum seekers who find themselves destitute on our streets. This includes those who have been refused asylum but cannot reasonably return to their country of origin and those given refugee status who have to leave their NASS housing.
Acorn the Union
Leeds Zen Buddhists
Leeds Zen Group meets on Monday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings to practise Zazen (sitting meditation) Beginners welcome.
For more information or to arrange an introduction please email John Callaghan or phone on 07946 476 471
Ayesha Naomi - Relax therapies
Currently all our office spaces are fully occupied. If you would be interested in renting office space at Woodhouse Community Centre and would like to join our waiting list please contact our email@example.com.