- Oblong Leeds
- Mental Wellbeing
- Woodhouse Community Centre
- Contact Us
- Support Us
Woodhouse Community Centre is still closed to the public for the time being to protect public health.
However, we are open to interest for future bookings and we are carefully considering what is safe to do.
Main Oblong office will not be occupied.
If you are in need of support while shielding or self-isolating, you can call 0113 378 1877 (LCC city-wide helpline [additional information]) or 0113 8980034 (Woodhouse Mutual Aid group)
Become Part of Something Amazing
Would you like to use your skills and experience effectively to help us learn, grow and develop. We can offer the right people the chance to improve their leadership skills, career prospects, develop new skills and really make a difference in our community.
We have specialist places available on our Board of Directors and may be able to offer you a chance to sit on our board if you can offer us your time to help us learn and grow over the next two years.
We are specifically looking for people who can offer us any of these experiences:
- Currently living in Woodhouse
- Coming from our BME communities
- Under 25 years old
- Over 65 years old
- Being a disabled person
- Use of consensus decision making
We are also looking for people who have these skills:
- Charity Finance
- Events management
- Building management
- Successful business
You’ll need to be willing to give us 5 - 10 hours a month. This is meeting time, supervisions, collectives and reading and commenting on papers and practice
Expected Duties of an Oblong Board Member
- Support and ensure the implementation of the strategic plan
- Safeguard the flat structure and consensus decision making processes
- Ensure legal compliance and good governance
- Advocate and advertise Oblong and the work we do
- Actively participate in the collectives that need your skills and experience
- Attend annual away days
Still interested click here to fill out the online application