- Oblong Leeds
- Mental Wellbeing
- Woodhouse Community Centre
- Contact Us
- Support Us
Woodhouse Community Centre is still closed to the public for the time being to protect public health.
However, we are open to interest for future bookings and we are carefully considering what is safe to do.
Main Oblong office will not be occupied.
If you are in need of support while shielding or self-isolating, you can call 0113 378 1877 (LCC city-wide helpline [additional information]) or 0113 8980034 (Woodhouse Mutual Aid group)
Peaceful Minds Weekly Wellbeing Groups
Beat stress - Build confidence - Connect with people - Share ideas - Chat and have a laugh!
"After every Peaceful Minds group I feel lighter, I walk taller and I leave smiling! It really helps me deal with the parts of life that can drag you down. Good communication and a bit of a natter makes such a difference."
Peaceful Minds City Centre group participant
Peaceful Minds is the new weekly wellbeing group run by Oblong, the people who created the Head Space, MindMate Families and Getting Back on Top courses. Every week, participants choose different topics and activities to discuss in small groups, so you get to talk about what really interests you.
So if you want to learn new ideas for getting your stress levels down and confidence and motivation up, come along to any of the groups at the start time. If it's your first week we'll ask you to fill in a short enrollment form and give you an introduction to the group. You can be sure of a friendly welcome!
How it works
- Come on the weeks that you want to, no need to come every week. Please arrive for the start of the group
- You can suggest topics to discuss or choose from a menu of activities and exercises
- Join whichever discussions or exercises interest you
- Leave us a bit of feedback before you go
- If it's your first week, you will have a short welcome chat with a facilitator
- If you want to volunteer to help run the group, just let us know
- Free of charge
- Refreshments provided
Peaceful Minds is currently running in partnership with Shantona Women & Family Centre. At the Bangladeshi Community Centre, Roundhay Road, Leeds, LS85AN.