- Oblong Leeds
- Mental Wellbeing
- Woodhouse Community Centre
- Contact Us
- Support Us
Post lockdown limited opening
Update 7th September 2021: Woodhouse Community Centre is now open on a limited basis.
For anyone on site we are still requiring masks and social distancing (as prior to 19th July.)
Reception & IT Suite will be open Monday to Thursday 10am-3pm. Subject to available staffing.
We are currently taking bookings for support groups, training, exercise classes, and some other well planned activities.
Apologies but given the current risks we're not currently considering bookings for parties, gatherings or other social bookings.
Main Oblong office is open for enquiries on Monday to Thursday 1000-1600.
If you are in need of support while shielding or self-isolating, see oblong.org.uk/support for self referral options in the community. or call 0113 8980024
How we show we make a difference
Making a difference to the community
Results of an independent impact survey (ChangeCheck) from 2013 found that Oblong was making a noticeable difference locally in the following areas:
- Education and lifelong learning.
- Culture and leisure.
- Community unity and involvement.
- Health and social wellbeing.
Making a difference to individuals
Oblong is strongly committed to improving the lives of the people who use Woodhouse Community Centre. All volunteers are given an induction to help them get to know their role and how Oblong works.
The Forward Plan
Looking to the future, Oblong also aims to:
- Include work with youth and young people.
- Strengthen communications with local community.
- Work on improving Oblong’s marketing.
- Continue to measure Oblong’s impact on individuals and the community.
- Place stronger emphasis on health and wellbeing.
- Strengthen emphasis on community development and small groups.
- Work on getting more people involved through user groups and community forums. to encourage people’s feelings of ownership of Woodhouse Community Centre.