- Oblong Leeds
- Mental Wellbeing
- Woodhouse Community Centre
- Contact Us
- Support Us
Woodhouse Community Centre is still closed to the public for the time being to protect public health.
You may wish to join our mailing list to be kept up to date with our response to this unprecendented situation.
We are looking at solutions to open for the purposes most needed by our community, but we aren't open to the general public, and have quite a bit of work to do until we can do this safely.
We estimate we will be open for some kinds of bookings from September, and will be working on IT suite opening after that.
Main Oblong office will not be occupied.
If you are in need of support while shielding or self-isolating, you can call 0113 378 1877 (LCC city-wide helpline [additional information]) or 0113 8980034 (Woodhouse Mutual Aid group)
How we show we make a difference
Making a difference to the community
Results of an independent impact survey (ChangeCheck) from 2013 found that Oblong was making a noticeable difference locally in the following areas:
- Education and lifelong learning.
- Culture and leisure.
- Community unity and involvement.
- Health and social wellbeing.
Making a difference to individuals
Oblong is strongly committed to improving the lives of the people who use Woodhouse Community Centre. All volunteers are given an induction to help them get to know their role and how Oblong works.
The Forward Plan
Looking to the future, Oblong also aims to:
- Include work with youth and young people.
- Strengthen communications with local community.
- Work on improving Oblong’s marketing.
- Continue to measure Oblong’s impact on individuals and the community.
- Place stronger emphasis on health and wellbeing.
- Strengthen emphasis on community development and small groups.
- Work on getting more people involved through user groups and community forums. to encourage people’s feelings of ownership of Woodhouse Community Centre.