- Oblong Leeds
- Mental Wellbeing
- Woodhouse Community Centre
- Contact Us
- Support Us
Woodhouse Community Centre will be closed to the public from Thursday 26th March to protect public health.
You may wish to join our mailing list to be kept up to date with our response to this unprecendented situation.
Some of our tenants are staying in place, but the IT suite and public facilities will not be available.
If you expect to attend an event here, please contact your event organiser.
Main Oblong office will not be occupied.
We will also be joining in some of the local Mutual Aid support:
Leeds wide Mutual Aid groups - https://www.facebook.com/groups/855572711535845/
Woodhouse Specific Mutual Aid group for volunteers - https://www.facebook.com/groups/639699836806610/
Woodhouse number if you are in need of support while isolated - 0113 8980034
How we show we make a difference
Making a difference to the community
Results of an independent impact survey (ChangeCheck) from 2013 found that Oblong was making a noticeable difference locally in the following areas:
- Education and lifelong learning.
- Culture and leisure.
- Community unity and involvement.
- Health and social wellbeing.
Making a difference to individuals
Oblong is strongly committed to improving the lives of the people who use Woodhouse Community Centre. All volunteers are given an induction to help them get to know their role and how Oblong works.
The Forward Plan
Looking to the future, Oblong also aims to:
- Include work with youth and young people.
- Strengthen communications with local community.
- Work on improving Oblong’s marketing.
- Continue to measure Oblong’s impact on individuals and the community.
- Place stronger emphasis on health and wellbeing.
- Strengthen emphasis on community development and small groups.
- Work on getting more people involved through user groups and community forums. to encourage people’s feelings of ownership of Woodhouse Community Centre.