- Oblong Leeds
- Mental Wellbeing
- Woodhouse Community Centre
- Contact Us
- Support Us
Woodhouse Community Centre is still closed to the public for the time being to protect public health.
However, we are open to interest for future bookings and we are carefully considering what is safe to do.
Main Oblong office will not be occupied.
If you are in need of support while shielding or self-isolating, you can call 0113 378 1877 (LCC city-wide helpline [additional information]) or 0113 8980034 (Woodhouse Mutual Aid group)
Established in 1996 Oblong is a community resource centre that provides advice, support and facilities for local people who want to make a difference through volunteering and community projects. Our aim is to provide:
Volunteer opportunities – for graphic design, web design and video working with local community projects to meet their needs.
- Administration & reception opportunities
- Resources – meeting rooms, IT suite, art space and office space for hire.
- Healthy living activities – these include mental well-being sessions, yoga and a gardening project.
- English lessons for speakers of other languages
- Training, advice and support – to individuals and small groups of people who want to establish locally based not-for-profit community activities.
Oblong is user-led and strongly embedded in the local community. We have a flat management structure, which we believe is key in ensuring our organisation does not reflect the inequalities that can exist in wider society.
We are committed to working collectively, which means that where possible volunteers and staff operate on an equal footing when informing decisions about Oblong’s focus and strategic development. As a collective we are committed to enabling and empowering individuals to make informed choices, to take responsibility for their actions and to develop their skills and knowledge.
We believe that if individuals are given the responsibility to make decisions within the safe and dynamic environment of Oblong then they may feel empowered to do so amongst the wider community.
Tel: 0113 245 9610
Charity number: 1120379
Company number: 3147855
Woodhouse Community Centre
197 Woodhouse Street