Woodhouse Community Centre will be closed to the public from Thursday 26th March to protect public health.
You may wish to join our mailing list to be kept up to date with our response to this unprecendented situation.
Some of our tenants are staying in place, but the IT suite and public facilities will not be available.
If you expect to attend an event here, please contact your event organiser.
Main Oblong office will not be occupied.
We will also be joining in some of the local Mutual Aid support:
Leeds wide Mutual Aid groups - https://www.facebook.com/groups/855572711535845/
Woodhouse Specific Mutual Aid group for volunteers - https://www.facebook.com/groups/639699836806610/
Woodhouse number if you are in need of support while isolated - 0113 8980034
How to hire rooms in Leeds
Office Space to Rent at Busy Community Centre North of the City Centre
Need a room to hire in Leeds close to the city centre?
Woodhouse Community Centre can cater for all your needs. We have a range of rooms available to hire. When contacting us, let us know the name of your event or activity and what date / time is best for you.
Contact us either by
After sorting out the room hire details to make your booking a success, we'll send you a confirmation email with the Terms and Conditions.
We request all new bookings make a 50% deposit at the point of booking. We wil discuss how we will take deposits when you book.
In the case of statutory organisations, and situations where a deposit up-front is difficult for accounting reasons, we will require a Purchase Order number for the full value of the booking.
Invoice will be sent by email or printed upon request. If the invoice should go to someone other than yourself, it's very helpful if you can let us know at the time of booking.
Payments can be made by bank transfer; or by cash or cheque on the day of the event.
Cheques or BACS can be made out to Oblong ltd
Sort code: 16-58-10
- We can arrange all rooms to suite your needs. Tell us what you need when you get in touch. We are very flexible and will try and accommodate all your requirements.
- Please book the whole of the time you think you'll need in the centre - including preparation and tidying up.
- We have a range of equipment available for hire including; projector and screen, TV and DVD player, PA system with wireless mics, flipcharts, display boards and tablewear.
- We can provide tea, coffee, decaf options and snacks for £1 per head. If you prefer to provide your own refreshments we can supply a hot water urn for £5 per day, but we do ask you to wash any mugs used. We offer bring your own food and drink options free of charge, and can recommend several local caterers. Self-service kitchenettes are also available where you can make your own refreshments for a donation of 50p per drink.
- We offer a discretionary rate for registered charities & non-profit groups.
- Weekend bookings are subject to a £5 per hour surcharge for reception and cleaning for all the rooms you are booking.
- Weekend bookings may not be accepted if the total price of the booking is less than £30.
Terms & Conditions
as updated 1st June 2019
By making a booking with us you confirm that you agree to all the following terms and conditions.
1. Cancellation: Over two weeks notice will incur zero charge. Less than 14 days notice of your cancellation you
will be charged 50%. Less than 7 days notice you will be liable for the full cost.
a) All cancellations should be by email to email@example.com.
b) We will require your email and phone number at the time of booking as we may need to get in touch to
confirm details at at later time. If for any reason we have not received your payment, and have tried all
available methods to contact you, we reserve the right to cancel the booking without further notice.
2. Modifications: Changes to bookings may be liable for cancellation fees as above if any fixed booked time is
cancelled; or any part of a booking is cancelled, even if the resulting booking is no shorter than the original.
3. Termination: Oblong reserves the right to terminate bookings early any for activities which we believe are
discriminatory or bring the centre into disrepute, including but not limited to: bringing alcohol on site, not
adjusting noise levels when requested or event not being managed safely.
No refunds will be provided under these circumstances.
a) Additional terms apply to events where a majority of attendees are between 13 and 18 years.
a) Bookings must be paid for in full before they can be confirmed, unless agreed in writing.
b) Prices are reviewed periodically and subject to change. Four weeks notice will be given.
c) Weekend or evening bookings are subject to a £50 minimum charge per day for the whole booking.
5. Time booked: Please only use the rooms that you have booked, and give yourself time to set up and tidy up
within your booking hours. Leave any public areas as tidy as you found them. Public areas are shared with
other users and may not be available.
a) You must let us know if you expect to be more than 30 minutes late for your booking, otherwise we may
cancel the booking without further notice. You will still be charged.
b) Unless specifically stated in writing, room bookings do not constitute exclusive use of the building.
6. Cleaning: Please make sure you leave the booked room(s) and any public spaces in the same state you found
them. If significant additional cleaning is required additional charges will apply. If using the kitchen, you are
responsible for thoroughly cleaning crockery, utensils and surfaces after use, this includes use alongside a
party package. See additional conditions printed on Kitchen door.
a) Removal of chewing gum or similar from carpets or flooring is chargeable at £50 per booking.
7. Equipment hire: You agree to pay any costs for hiring any of our equipment you use.
8. Noise: We reserve the right to reduce or limit any amplified or unamplified sound or noise at any time for
the sake of other centre users, or our residential neighbours.
9. Alcohol: We have a strictly no alcohol policy for all bookings.
10. Storage: If you want to store anything at the centre please ask in advance of the booking, charges will apply.
a) If anything is damaged beyond normal wear and tear it is your responsibility to let us know. You will be
liable to make good or cover the cost of repair if you have caused damage.
b) Decorations can only be attached to walls by the hooks in place. White tack may be used to attach paper
or decorations to woodwork and glass only. Let us know in advance if you wish to hire our display
boards. Any damage caused to walls, plasterwork, paint or other fixtures/fittings will incur a charge.
12. Health and Safety:
a) Whilst hiring a room you are responsible for those using it. Respect the centre by making sure that all
activities remain safe, and within the law.
b) Children and young people must be supervised at all times by parents, guardians or qualified staff. We
follow NSPCC guidelines that there should be a ratio no greater than 9:1 of under 18s to adults.
c) It is your responsibility to ensure you have any special licenses or insurance arranged prior to your
booking. Details of our Public Liability Insurance is available on request.
d) In line with our Fire Safety Policy we cannot have any naked flames.
i) Incense may only be used by prior arrangement, burning material must be completely contained
within a fireproof container.
e) Any electrical equipment you bring in needs to be safe to use and in a good state of repair, and ideally
have a valid PAT certificate sticker. You take responsibility for any appliances you use.
f) Fire escape routes and procedures are clearly posted in all rooms. Please familiarise yourself when you
arrive and let your attendees know. There is a fire alarm test every Monday morning at 10.00am.
g) Deep fat frying equipment may not be used in any part of the building, under any circumstances.
13. On street parking: We don’t have a designated car park; please let your attendees know in advance they can
use (free) street parking at their own risk.
14. Emergency closure: If we do have to shut in an emergency we will let you know as soon as we can and help
to re-arrange the booking or refund depending on the circumstances.
15. As a safe and welcoming space we expect all centre users to:
● Respect other people and to treat them equally in accordance with our Equal & Diversity Policy -
● Be sensitive to the needs of others
● Be friendly and helpful
16. We will not tolerate:
● Intimidation and harassment of any kind
● Racism, sexism, homophobia and any other form of discrimination and prejudice
● Violence or the threat of violence
● The theft of other people’s belongings
Terms and conditions are subject to change. Oblong reserves the right to immediately terminate bookings that
contravene these terms or allow these terms to be contravened.
A PDF version of these Terms and Conditions are available here.
By making a booking at Woodhouse Community Centre, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.