How to hire rooms in Leeds
Need a room to hire in Leeds close to the city centre?
Woodhouse Community Centre can cater for all your needs. We have a range of rooms available to hire. When contacting us, let us know the name of your event or activity and what date / time is best for you.
Contact us either by
After sorting out the room hire details to make your booking a success, we'll send you a confirmation email with the Terms and Conditions.
We request all new bookings make a 50% deposit within one week of booking confirmation. We will email you details of payment, you can pay by cash, cheque of BACS payment.
Invoice will be sent by email or printed upon request. If the invoice should go to someone other than yourself, it's very helpful if you can let us know at the time of booking.
Payments can be made by bank transfer; or by cash or cheque on the day of the event.
Cheques or BACS can be made out to Oblong ltd
Sort code: 16-58-10
- We can arrange all rooms to suite your needs. Tell us what you need when you get in touch. We are very flexible and will try and accommodate all your requirements.
- Please book the whole of the time you think you'll need in the centre - including preparation and tidying up.
- We have a range of equipment available for hire including; projector and screen, TV and DVD player, PA system with wireless mics, flipcharts, display boards and tablewear.
- We can provide tea, coffee, decaf options and snacks for £1 per head. If you prefer to provide your own refreshments we can supply a hot water urn for £5 per day, but we do ask you to wash any mugs used. We offer bring your own food and drink options free of charge, and can recommend several local caterers. Self-service kitchenettes are also available where you can make your own refreshments for a donation of 50p per drink.
- We offer a discretionary rate for registered charities & non-profit groups.
- Weekend bookings are subject to a £5 per hour surcharge for reception and cleaning for all the rooms you are booking.
- Weekend bookings may not be accepted if the total price of the booking is less than £30.
Terms and Conditions
When making a booking with us you will be asked to provide a signature confirming you agree to all the following terms and conditions.
Cancellation: Over two weeks notice will incur zero charge. Less than 14 days notice of your cancellation you will be charged 50%. Less than 7 days notice you will be liable for the full cost. All cancellations should be by email to email@example.com.
We will ask for email, phone number and postal address at the time of booking as we may need to get in touch to confirm details at at later time. If we have not received your deposit, and have tried all available methods to contact you, we reserve the right to cancel the booking without further notice.
Modifications: Changes to bookings may be liable for cancellation fees as above if any fixed booked time is cancelled; or any part of a booking is cancelled, even if the resultant booking is no shorter than the original.
Termination: Oblong reserves the right to terminate bookings for activities which we believe are discriminatory or bring the centre into disrepute, e.g bringing alcohol on site, not turning off music at 10pm, event not being managed in such a way that ensures safety of participants and staff, etc.
Payment: All bookings from individuals must be paid in advance of the event or on arrival. Bookings from organisations can be invoiced, and should be paid within the terms stated on the invoice. Unfortunately we cannot accept cards at this time.
Weekend bookings are subject to a £30 minimum for the whole booking, including the additional £5 per hour out-of-hours charge so that we can ensure a member of staff is on site in case of an emergency.
Prices are reviewed periodically and subject to change. You will receive at least 4 weeks notice of any changes.
Time booked: Please only use the rooms that you have booked, and give yourself time to set up and tidy up within your booking hours. Please leave any public areas as tidy as you found them.
Cleaning: Please make sure you leave the booked room(s) and any public spaces in the same state you found them. If significant additional cleaning is required additional charges will apply. If using the kitchen, you are responsible for thoroughly cleaning crockery, utensils and surfaces after use.
Equipment hire: You agree to pay any costs for hiring any of our equipment you book in advance, or use on the day.
Alcohol: We have a strictly no alcohol policy for all bookings.
Storage: If you want to store anything at the centre please ask in advance of the booking, charges will apply.
Damages: If anything is damaged beyond normal wear and tear please let us know. You will be liable to make good or cover the cost of repair if you have caused damage.
Decorations can only be attached to walls by the hooks in place. White tack may be used to attach paper to woodwork. Let us know in advance if you wish to hire our display boards. Any damage caused to walls by not following these terms will incur a charge.
Health and Safety:
- Whilst hiring a room you are responsible for those using it. Respect the centre by making sure that all activities remain within the law.
- Children and young people should be supervised by parents, guardians or qualified staff at all times. We follow NSPC guidelines that there should be a ratio no greater than 9:1 of under 18s to adults.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have any special licenses or insurance arranged prior to your booking.
- In line with our Fire Safety Policy we cannot have any naked flames.
- Any electrical equipment you bring in needs to be no older than 12 months old or have a PAT certificate sticker.
- We will let you know the fire escape route and our procedures when you arrive, please let your attendees know
On street parking: We don’t have a designated car park; please let your attendees know in advance they can use (free) street parking at their own risk.
Emergency closure: If we do have to shut in an emergency we will let you know as soon as we can and help to rearrange the booking or refund depending on the circumstances.
As a safe and welcoming space we expect all centre users to:
- Respect other people and to treat them equally
- Be sensitive to the needs of others
- Be friendly and helpful
We will not tolerate:
- Intimidation and harassment of any kind
- Racism, sexism, homophobia and any other form of discrimination and prejudice
- Violence or the threat of violence
- The theft of other peoples belongings
Terms and conditions are subject to change. Oblong reserves the right to immediately terminate bookings that contravene these terms or allow these terms to be contravened.
A PDF version of these Terms and Conditions are available here.
By making a booking at Woodhouse Community Centre, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.